Regulation 33 Result of the Match for all limited over QSDCA competitions
Applies to Sat 35 Over, Sun 50 Over, Sun 40 Over, Super 20 matches in 2023/24 Season.
At the Delegates meeting on 4-Sep-2023 a motion was put to club delegates to revert to the average run rate method to determine results in interrupted limited over matches. The motion was carried by an overwhelming majority.
For all competitions in the 2023/24 season, QSDCA limited over matches will go back to Playing Regulations 33.4, 33.5 and 33.6 as used in the 2022/23 season. (These are shown below.)
This will be added soon to the published Playing Regulations at https://qsdca.com.au/05-playing-regulations/
At the recent QSDCA AGM on 17-Jul-2023 a motion was passed enabling use of the Duckworth Lewis Stern (DLS) method to determine results in interrupted limited over matches.
- Electronic scoring in PlayHQ offers a simple to use option to calculate DLS target scores in an interrupted match.
- Some teams wish to continue using paper scorebooks.
- After investigation it has been discovered that this will not be possible to implement for any game where paper scoring alone is used.
- We could make PlayHQ Electronic scoring compulsory but this is not acceptable or practical for all clubs in this Association.
- The use of unauthorised, uncontrolled DLS calculators cannot be permitted since these could be based on any one of several revisions of DLS method, each of which could lead to different target scores and disputed match results.
The Management Committee extends apologies to those looking forward to the introduction of this modern and exciting innovation. I hope you can understand that the introduction of DLS method is constrained only by lack of resources, confidence and training.
I suggest we should be helping each other to understand the benefits of electronic scoring so that match results are more easily uploaded and DLS can be implemented in future.
Please keep that in mind throughout season 2023/24.