Wet Weather Information
WET WEATHER AND FITNESS OF GROUNDS
- Before the start of play, any decision regarding the fitness of a ground for play will be made together by the captains of the teams drawn to play on that ground.
- Such decision will be made after the Captains or their representatives have inspected the ground on the day of the match or waived their opportunity to do so.
- Groundskeepers, advise your captains.
- Captains, go to Club Contacts page – then find the Opposition Captain or Club Official for your grade and make a phone call.
- Each player contact your Captain to see if the match is on or off.
WHO NEEDS TO KNOW
- If the day’s play is called off then the Captains will tell the Umpires Coordinator for the association immediately.
Mel Lowings 0419 739 826
Tim O’Malley 0411 600 087
(Do not call until a decision on play has been made)
Umpire fees may apply if the umpires are not called off.
- If the day’s play is called off then each Captain will tell their Club Secretaries.
- If the day’s play is called off when the match is to be played at a neutral ground Captains will contact the Club Secretary of the host ground’s club also. See https://qsdca.com.au/10b-club-contacts/
- If the day’s play is not called off then umpires and players will attend the ground at the normal time for play.
- For any match played on a School wicket, the school’s Principal or groundsman appointed by the Principal will have overriding authority to determine whether play will commence or continue.
eg. Mitchelton HS, Indooroopilly HS, Windsor Park, Rochedale SS
DURING THE MATCH
- After play has commenced all decisions concerning the fitness of the pitch, ground, weather and light for play will be made by the Umpire(s).
- In the absence of official umpire(s) Captains will agree about fitness of the pitch, ground, weather and light for play.
- When captains are unable to reach an agreement, the state of the match will continue unchanged until agreement can be reached.