QSDCA are pleased to introduce the new ‘Community Cricket Championship’ (CCC) for 2021/22. This competition is being established as a joint initiative between QSDCA and Warehouse Cricket Association Queensland. The details of the proposed competition are as follows:
- To provide an additional, engaging and enjoyable cricket competition for the top divisions of QSDCA and WCAQ.
- To promote cricket in the community.
- Cricket participants and Clubs seeking to play in QSDCA and WCAQ’s strongest competition.
- Competition with two divisions.
- Clubs can nominate for one or both divisions.
- Competition format to be determined based on Club feedback but likely a mix of 2 dayers and 1 dayers.
- Two umpires for first division matches. One umpire for second division matches.
- Kookaburra four-piece match balls.
- Competition rules similar to QSDCA competitions.
- Clubs will be able to select players to move freely between the CCC and QSDCA/Warehouse competitions.
- 2021-22 Summer Season (Saturday afternoons).
- QSDCA and WCAQ Club and Association grounds (home and away).
- Opportunities for players to progress skills.
- Second division provides a connection to the first division to create opportunities for Clubs/players to progress.
- Potential to increase engagement with Club digital platforms.
- Potential to increase Club sponsorship.
- Opportunity to play against the best Community Cricket teams across both Associations.
- Potential for live streaming / video footage and live scoring.
- Other benefits as per QSDCA competiitons:
- Play in season long Two Day / One Day competition (CCC T20 TBC).
- Play on turf wickets.
- Reasonably family-friendly playing times – Saturday afternoons.
- Similar to QSDCA competitions.
- Match balls for the top division are being provided via support from Queensland Cricket, which will offset the cost of an additional umpire.